This is our Philips Sonicare UV Sanitizer review – a nifty gadget which claims to kill 99.9% of the germs hidden under your toothbrush bristles.
True or false? Let’s find out…but first!
Germs – those creepy tiny organisms that if left unchecked invade and colonize any space, crevices, and holes available.
They are everywhere, especially in your mouth, and you know it.
That’s why every morning before you do anything else – you would saunter to the bathroom to brush your mouth.
The thing is, teeth brushing became a habit way before realizing it, so the entire process is just automatic – without you taking a second thought to what you’re actually doing.
Let me ask you, how many times have you ever wondered where all those critters you dislodge from your mouth every morning go to?
Have you ever wondered whether there are still germs lurking on your toothbrush even after rinsing it? That’s a good question, don’t you think?
Let me guess, you think they went down the drain, isn’t it?
Well, if you say yes – you are right. However, there’s one wee bit of a problem with this.
You see, not all germs ever get washed off of your t-brush bristles after your morning ritual.
Some of these microbes find a way to hang onto your brush still. They hide in there, and the next morning you would come around again to use the toothbrush without giving a hoot about what’s actually happening there.
And the cycle repeats again and again.
Gradually, these germs build up and… Well, I don’t want to regale you with the long-term consequences of using a toothbrush packed full with harmful tooth decaying, plague-causing organisms.
So, do you want to be sure at least 99.9 percent of the time that every morning, when you wake up to brush your teeth, your toothbrush is free of germs?
If your answer is YES, then continue reading this review to find out how.
I can only imagine you giving your toothbrush that second curious look over before using – but, actually, there’s nothing to worry about you know?
Now, let me introduce you the Philips Sonicare Ultraviolet toothbrush sanitizer – a nifty, efficient, and handy gadget that will clear your toothbrush of bacteria and germs with a 99.9% precision. And this is our unbiased review!
Philips Sonicare Ultraviolet Sanitizer to The Rescue
So, here’s a real quick low-down about this Philips nifty gadget.
For what it’s worth, it actually does what it says it would do: eliminating 99.9 percent of bacteria on your toothbrush heads.
How do I know?
Well, to answer that, I would have to take you backstage and peel back the curtain and allow you to take a peek into how the sanitizer really works.
Why “sanitizer” and not “sterilizer”?
Now, it’s essential to understand why the main term used is sanitizer and not sterilizer. The thing is, the term “sterilizer” paints a picture where the gadget is able to remove 100 percent of the microbes.
However, reality shows that it is not feasible to have zero-level bacteria on toothbrush bristles.
So, the appropriate labeling is the use of word sanitizer. Simply put, the gadget eliminates 99.9% of germs.
In other words, when you stick your toothbrush head into the sanitizer, the germ count on the brush doesn’t just zoom down to zero. Few of the bacteria are left albeit a safe number that wouldn’t cause any harm.
What would you find when you open a Philips Sonicare toothbrush UV Sanitizer box?
That would be:
- 1x Sonicare UV Sanitizer
- 1x set of brush head attachments for Sonicare brush heads
- 1x set of brush head attachments for Oral-B brush heads
Fair enough? Let’s move on then!
How does the Sonicare sanitizer work?
Philips, like any other toothbrush UV sanitizer out there uses UV-C ray technology which is an effective treatment for eliminating the bulk of bacteria on a brush head.
Once, you place the brush heads inside the chamber and turn it on, a flush of UV-C rays washes them for 10 minutes, thus killing as many germs as possible.
Now, an interesting aspect of this process is the reflector inside the unit that distributes the light 360 degrees around the toothbrush heads to optimize the sanitizing process – so you’d rest easy knowing every inch of the brush is sanitized.
How to Use It
A good thing about the unit is that it is designed to accommodate brush heads from other popular brands aside from Philips’.
So, whether you’re using Oral-B Flexisoft, FlossAction, or Philips’ ProResults brush heads – this sanitizer can still come in handy.
Follow these steps if you are using any of the above brands’ brush heads:
- Open the door as you would normally.
- Pull out the drip tray.
- Select the appropriate brush head holder.
- Attach brush head. To do this, snap both the right and left brush head holders in place.
- Ensure the bristles are facing the UV light source
- Push back the drip tray to the normal position.
- Close unit door. The sanitizer wouldn’t work until properly closed.
- Press the power button to start the sanitization process.
Follow these steps if you are using Sonicare e-series
- Open the door of the unit.
- Attach brush head on the drip tray.
- Ensure it is facing the UV light
- Follow steps six above to sanitize your brush heads.
Features of the Philips Sonicare Sanitizer
- Easy One-Push button – No hassles. Not too many buttons to operate. Just press the power button and activate the UV light.
- Compatible with ProResults, Sonicare E-series, and other major electric brush brands like Oral-B Floxisoft and Floss’ heads.
- Built-in two holders to sanitize two brush heads at the same time.
- Automatically shuts off after 10 minutes – save energy and rest easy even if you forgot to turn it off. It automatically switches itself off once the 10-minutes sanitizing cycle is done.
- A UV sanitizing light mirror that ensures a 360-degree spread of UV power to the brush heads.
- Cutting-edge UV-C clean technology specially engineered by Philips to kill 99.9 percent of bacteria.
The Philips Sonicare is a trusted brand, highly recommended by American dental professionals. With over 140 clinical and lab publications backing the Philips’ products, you can rest easy knowing you’re in great company.
Adding the Philips Sonicare Ultraviolet Sanitizer to your healthy oral routine is a sure-proof means to maintain a healthy white smile.
Finally, it’s your teeth that need to stay clean and healthy. And one effective way to do it is by making sure your toothbrush head is as free of germs as possible.