When they say, the best things are often found in your neighborhood, most times they are right – at least when it comes to facial masks. You don’t have to spend tons of cash and time browsing through your local grocery store looking for a face mask that will transform your skin when all you need for a potent face mask are right in your neighborhood – in your kitchen I mean.
I guess, just like other people you’ve tried some of those skincare products that promise so much only to be disappointed that they offer nothing compared to the ads. While there are lots of face mask products out there that get the job done, there is plenty that is nothing to write home about and might even be toxic to your delicate facial skin.
Hence, one may have to spend loads of time to sieve through the several products on the market to find one suited to their needs. However, If you are the handy-kind-of person and prefer organic homemade products, then you may want to consider preparing the face mask yourself.
I promise, preparing any of this DIY facial masks wouldn’t eat up your time, the ingredients to use are quite handy, and of course, you would have peace of mind knowing the constituents of your preparation.
Also, unlike factory mass produced facial masks, these ones are 100 percent made from natural products. Has less harmful chemicals, are toxic free, and definitely going to leave your face smooth, glowing, healthy, and youthful, perfect for priming it in front of your favorite lighted makeup mirror!
These natural facial masks are super easy to make and don’t cost much – you probably have most of the required ingredients in your refrigerator already.
5 Best DIYs Facial Masks To Transform Your Skin
Cucumber and Egg White For Glowing Skin
Cucumber is a significant ingredient in most facial masks products in the market. This is because this green water-rich vegetable is especially useful for transforming dull scaly skin to a glowing, rosy one.
Cucumber contains a lot of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which can help you to keep it tender and blotch-free.
Combining the powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties of cucumber with egg white gives you perfect facial masks that nourish, diminishes the impact of free radicals thereby transforming your skin to a youthful, supple, velvety skin.
Egg white is primarily known for its tightening properties. This helps to give the necessary elasticity found in youthful skins.
How To Use
- Peel and blend or grate your fresh cucumber and mix it with egg white to make a smooth paste.
- Wash your face and rub in the smooth paste evenly on your face.
- Leave for 25 minutes and then rinse off with clean water.
- Apply daily and watch that dull, oily or sunburned face transform into a glowing, radiant skin.
Banana And Butter For Soft And Tender Looking Skin
Looking for a soft and tender looking skin that will give you a youthful look? Then don’t go for those care products that are choke full of chemicals that may result in harmful side effects.
The soft skin you’re looking for can be gotten from facial masks made from banana and butter – it’s natural, toxic free and will produce far better results than most skincare products you’ll find on the market.
Banana is especially known for its potent healing properties. This sweet fruit is a number one go-to for anyone looking for a soft tender facial skin. Banana contains potassium compounds which help to hydrate it thereby keeping it moisturized and smooth at all times.
Banana also contains lots of vitamins – vitamin A, essential for lighting dark patches and blemishes, vitamin B for preventing and treating skin aging and vitamin E serves as a barrier to harmful UV rays from the sun. Combining banana with butter which is full of natural fats will give you that youthful, smooth look you’ve always wanted.
How To Use
- Get fresh banana, wash and peel it.
- Mash the fruit to give you a paste.
- Mix the banana paste with fresh butter. You can replace the fresh butter with skim milk if that’s what you have.
- Wash your face with clean water and apply the paste evenly.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and then wash off with clean water.
- Continue applying this facial mask until for smooth skin.
Clean Your Skin With Apple Cider Vinegar And Water
It seems everyone is talking about apple cider vinegar when it comes to a do-it-yourself facial mask. That’s not surprising – if you know of the powerful cleansing properties locked up within that ACV in your kitchen, you will start talking about it and recommending it to others too.
Apple cider vinegar is packed full of pectin, malic acid, and potassium – all necessary for a healthy clean free from blotches, blemishes, and dirt.
It might feel a little weird using this homemade facials masks – it may feel a bit dried out. But, knowing what good it does to your skin should make it bearable. Splash some water to keep the face moisturized.
For someone suffering a breakout, using this DIY facial deep cleanse it, gets rid of those grime, sebum, and blemishes blocking the pores.
Thankfully, It’s super easy and shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to make. All you’ll need is your apple cider vinegar – which you probably already have and water. Let’s show you how to make it.
How To Use
- First, get your raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with clean water.
- For oily skin, mix 1 part of apple cider with 1 part of clean water.
- For a sensitive skin then mix 1 part of apple cider with 3 part of water. That’s all.
- Apply this evenly on your face and leave it to sit for 15-20 minutes, then wash off with clean water. Repeat this every day until you are OK.
Keep Your Skin Bright With Potatoes And Gram Flour
We are all familiar with these foods – they are popular sources of protein and often recommended to be included in our meals. But, what you may not know is that these foods can also be used in your skincare routine.
Take Potatoes, for instance, they have powerful bleaching effect that can help you clear facial blemishes that leaves your skin clean and good looking.
You’ll need the Gram flour for skin exfoliation. Gram flour is known in the skincare industry as an effective exfoliant to get rid of dead cells, reduce oily skin, and keep acne at bay.
If it has become dull as a result of acne break out, sunburn or for any other condition you can restore its brightness again using this DIY facial mask.
How to Use
- First off extract potato juice from your potatoes. You can quickly do this by peeling and mashing your potatoes. Extract the juice by using a sieve.
- Now mix your potatoes juice with a 3-4 spoonful of gram flour in a bowl.
- Toss in a blender and blend till a fine you get a paste.
- Apply this paste on your clean face and allow to sit for 20 minutes and then wash off with clean water. You can repeat this process 2-3 times weekly until you get the desired results.
Acne Remedy – Banana, Baking Soda And Turmeric Face Mask
Acne is one of the most stubborn problems anyone will ever encounter. With this natural remedy, you should be able to keep the outbreak as minimal as possible.
Acne, pimple breakouts are due to clogged pores, they’re trapped in the follicle hence resulting in breakouts, whiteheads, and blackheads.
Baking soda is an effective home remedy to the breakout, while Turmeric is especially good for controlling bacteria that trigger acne due to its potent antibacterial properties. The banana in this mixture is to treat blemishes and help give a soft, smooth and youthful look.
How To Use
- Wash and peel a fresh ripe banana. Mash it in a bowl and mix with baking soda and Turmeric powder to form a paste.
- Apply this paste evenly on your face and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off with clean water.
- Do this 2-3 times a week until you get the necessary results.
Outlined above are some of the proven DIY facial mask preparations that will nourish your skin transforming it into a youthful, smooth and glowing.
And the best part is, most of the ingredients can be obtained easily. All that is needed is to know what you’re looking for and choose the best one that will help solve your skin problems.