Toothbrush sanitizers, what? Do these things exist? Yes, they do! Have you ever spared some thought to the idea your toothbrush might just be a haven for bacteria? Every morning you’re reminded of the colony of bacteria growing in your mouth – and off you go to brush your teeth – what do you use to clean your mouth?
IN A NUTSHELL
|Philips Sonicare UV Sanitizer||187 Reviews||$169.95||Buy on Amazon|
|UV Toothbrush Sanitizer, Antibacterial Toothbrush Cleaner, Portable Toothbrush Sterilizer with 2...||16 Reviews||$34.99||Buy on Amazon|
|UV Toothbrush Steriliser , Ultraviolet LED Toothbrush Sanitizer Holder Tooth Brush Disinfection...||3 Reviews||$29.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Violife Style Zapi Luxe UV Toothbrush Sanitizer, Penguin Black, 6.3 Ounce||49 Reviews||$28.54||Buy on Amazon|
|Violife VIO200B Travel Ultraviolet Toothbrush Sanitizer VIO200B, Silver, 5.5 Ounce||269 Reviews||$21.39||Buy on Amazon|
Of course a toothbrush and after that, you merely rinse the head and replace where you picked it from without a second thought; waiting for the next morning to use again.
The thing with this method is: most of the bacteria stick around and multiply turning your brush into germ infested space.
I can imagine you taking a second look at your brush before using it – but you don’t have to worry about these bacteria, you know? With toothbrush sanitizers, you’d be sure that 99.9 percent of the germs on your brush is dead.
So to help you, make the best choice whenever you decide to go for any of these nifty gadgets, we’ve reviewed some of the best sanitizers out there for you, so go ahead and have a look.
Quick tip: Sterilizing just the brush heads can be done in any other UV cleaning device as long as it fits inside. Clean your brush heads in a phone sanitizer, as long as they fit inside. If it works for your phone, it works for your brush heads too!
Ok. Now, let’s see what’s all about them…
This all in one solution for your oral regimen is all you need to meet your toothbrush sanitizing needs. Designed for ease of use and with the latest cutting-edge technology, this Philips Sonicare UV toolkit has been confirmed to eliminate 99.9 percent of the germs on your toothbrush, thereby keeping you safe from common ailments like cold and cough.
- Ease of use: with a simple push of a button, you activate the UV that will eliminate all the bacteria on your toothbrush.
- Versatile: the unit fits all ProResults, and Sonicare e-series brush heads as well as Oral B Floxisoft and Floss heads.
- The unit holds up to two brush heads at a time
- Auto shut-off feature: The unit automatically turns itself off after the 10-minute UV cycle, thereby saving you energy.
- A UV light sanitization technology.
- A reflector which spreads the light for optimal performance
For Sonicare e-series brush heads follow these steps:
- Open the door on the right-hand side of the sanitizer
- Place the brush heads on the drip tray facing the bristles on the UV light
For Sonicare ProResults, Oral-B Flexisoft and FlossAction brush heads:
- Open the door on the right-hand side as above
- Pull out the drip tray
- Check through the brush head holder and select the appropriate one
- Attach the brush head onto the brush head hold you selected; attach both the left and right brush head holders to the center post until they click in place.
- Push back the drip tray into the sanitizer
- Place the heads onto the head holders with the bristles facing the UV light bulb.
- Close the sanitizer door – ensure it is properly close if not it wouldn’t work.
- Press the power button to start the UV clean cycle.
A compact and portable toothbrush sterilizer with the latest UVC-LED technology that can easily fit into your travel bag. The UVC-LED tech has been proven to go through the bacteria cell walls, damage their DNA, destroy their replicating ability, hence achieving 99.9 percent sterilization.
- Portable, convenient and does not take up much space.
- Comes in white color
- It uses a cutting-edge sterilization tech – the UVC-LED light.
- Uses rechargeable and disposable power source – Lithium battery
- A charging port to charge the battery
- Holds one toothbrush at a time
- Can sterilize all electric brands like Oral B Floss and flexisoft heads.
- Can serve as a holder.
- Automatically starts once the cover is closed –depending on your disposition this could be a pro or con.
- Place your head into the sanitizer box
- Close the lid
- It automatically starts the sanitization cycle.
Do you know that a toothbrush used for three weeks without sanitizing is equal to drinking nine cups of dirty water? Now you know here’s a simple, easy to use, and portable sterilizer you can use today to kill all the germs harbored on it.
They are designed to sterilize any toothbrush, so whether you’re using Oral B flexisoft or Floss or any other brand whether electric or not, be assured that this sterilizer works just fine with them.
- Use UVC-LED rays for sanitization
- Transparent window so you can see what’s happening inside
- An automatic protective button turns off when the device sanitization cycle is complete.
- Compact design that makes it take up less counter-top space
- Suitable for everyone
- Versatile – works well with all brush heads
- Rechargeable power source with USB port
- Use the USB port to charge the sterilizer – check for the blue light
- When fully charge the blue light goes off, now you can place your toothbrush head in the box
- Close it properly and the UV light comes on automatically for a sterilization cycle
An intuitive and fun design this toothbrush sanitizer comes packed with all the goodness for a healthy oral care. Straightforward and compact it does not take up too much counter-space, and it sure gets the job done.
Using the powerful UV light found in hospitals and high-end water purifiers, it scans your t heads and destroys any germ hiding there 99 percent of the time – leaving you with a squeaky clean toothbrush.
- Simple, intuitive design for ease of use.
- Automatic shut-off feature – you don’t have to get worried when you forget to switch the sterilizer, this feature allows it be automatically shut-off after about 10 minutes.
- Powerful UV light for sterilizing.
- One year limited manufacturer’s warranty – you just have to ask for a replacement when it malfunctions simply, or you detect a defect with the gadget.
- A press button to control when to power on the sterilizer.
- A low-battery indicator so you know when to recharge the battery
- Long lasting UV bulbs that last up to 8000 hours – so you don’t have to worry about constantly changing them.
- Let the power button face your direction, then insert your electric brush head or toothbrush with the bristles turned to the left into the top hole on the gadget.
- Gently click the handle into the rubber holder
- Press the power button in front of the Zapi Luxe to switch on the UV light.
- A blue light will start blinking indicating the sanitizing cycle has started.
- Leave your toothbrush there until the next time you want to brush.
If you are constantly on the road, you need a carry-on sanitizer, and this Violife VIO200B fits the bill. Simple elegant with little fluff this gadget sure gets the job done.
So with this sanitizer in your travel pack, you don’t have to worry about whether your toothbrush is sterilized or not – it also doubles as a brush holder, thereby saving you space.
- Compact, portable and an easy carry-on for your travels
- Intuitive one-button activation
- An automatic shut-off in seven minutes after sterilizing
- Confirmed to kill 99.9 percent of germs on your toothbrush
- Uses the cutting edge UV light
- Holds a single toothbrush at a time
- Powered by two AA Duracell batteries – you might consider taking on additional batteries if you’re on an extended trip
- Open the lid and place your toothbrush inside the sanitizer with the brush head facing the UV light
- Close the lid and sanitizing begins automatically.
- After seven minutes it automatically stops, ending the sanitizing cycle.
This is our list of the best UV cleaning devices especially built for your toothbrush.
Best Toothbrushes with UV Sanitizers
Next, we’re going to take a look at some of the toothbrushes which come packed with a UV sanitizer. The list:
|Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum Connected Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer||203 Reviews||$189.95||Buy on Amazon|
|TAO Clean Aura Clean Sonic Toothbrush & Cleaning Station, Deep Space Black||68 Reviews||$89.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Electric Rechargeable iBrush ELITE (black) - Sonic Wave Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV...||694 Reviews||$39.99||Buy on Amazon|
|ENKE NOMAD Original Travel-Ready Sonic Toothbrush with UV Sanitation Case||30 Reviews||$79.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Sonic Electric Toothbrush Rechargeable-Includes UV Sanitizer and Timer 5 Brush Modes 4 Replacements...||27 Reviews||$59.94||Buy on Amazon|
This high-end smart and connected toothbrush will teach you how to properly brush your teeth– taking the guesswork out of your daily ritual. With this smart brush and app you know exactly which part of your teeth to clean next, you know which part hasn’t been getting enough attention – it’s like a mirror reflecting your brushing habits.
Read more in our Philips Sonicare Platinum in-depth review.
How to use the Philips Sonicare Toothbrush
The first step is to connect your smartphone with the brush.
- Download the app from either Google Play or App store
- Switch on your smartphone Bluetooth, then open the app
- Connect your toothbrush to the app by pressing on the brushing mode button.
- Then run the Sonicare app and follow the instructions.
How to use the sanitizer
- Open the door of the sanitizer
- Place the toothbrush head on one of the two pegs with the bristles facing the UV bulb
- Plug the sanitizer into the power source, close the door, and press on the power button to switch it on.
- The sanitizer will automatically turn off after the sanitizing cycle.
- Innovative motion sensor together with the app touchup feature that pinpoints where you need to brush
- A pressure and scrubbing sensors that let you know when you’re scrubbing too hard or needs to apply more pressure for a comfortable and thorough cleaning.
- A Bluetooth version 4 that reliably connects with your smartphone. This feature allows for the exchange of data between the sensors on the toothbrush with your phone.
- The Philips Sonicare app enables you to track your progress and see which part of the mouth needs more attention.
- A timer which lets you track how long you’ve been brushing and encouraging you to reach the minimum two minutes recommended by dentists.
- Three cleaning modes – you can set it to the “Clean” mode – which is the default setting this gets you focused on each region for about twenty seconds. The “white” mode directs you to focus a little longer on scrubbing the front teeth for stain removal, while the “deep clean” mode works over your gum.
- It comes with two replaceable brush heads
- A spare battery which Philips says last for about two weeks before needing a recharge.
- A travel bag – to protect your smart brush while traveling.
- A UV sanitizer for your t heads
- A trip charger you take with you.
Do you desire to have that incredible super clean feeling your mouth gets each time you leave your dentist every time you brush your teeth? If you answered yes to the question then, TAO Clean Sonic Toothbrush is for you.
Using forty thousand tiny brush strokes per minute this smart brush picks your teeth clean leaving your mouth feeling fresh. And with the powerful UVC rays, the TAO Clean aura clean base station reaches down to the base of the bristles killing 99.9 percent of the bacteria hiding there. Find out more in our Tao Clean in-depth review.
- Take out the brush head from the pack and connect to your Aura Clean brush handle.
- Wet it a little and apply your favorite toothpaste, place the toothbrush bristles close to your teeth and press the power button.
- When done, rinse the t head and put it in the top opening on the Aura Clean Base Station to sanitize.
- 3x head TAO clean brush heads, an adaptor, and charger to charge your gadget.
- A ring of UVC light that attacks germs from all angles
- Two cleaning modes – super clean mode and sensitive clean mode. The super clean mode is the standard mode for everyone while if you suffer from sensitive gums then using sensitive-mode is ideal.
- A 30- second pause – the Aura clean pauses every 30 seconds so you can move to another region of your mouth – This ensures proper attention to every part of the mouth and also to reach the minimum 2 minutes mouthwash dentists recommend.
- An intuitive design with easy to reach buttons.
- The Aura Clean Base Station – this box like encasing is the charging point for the toothbrush. It is sanitized and then dried by the powerful UVC halo and the internal dryer when docked in the base station.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do UV toothbrush sanitizers work?
How often should I change my toothbrush?
My UV light went out, how do I replace it?
Is the toothbrush sanitizer battery operated or does it use a plug?
How do I care for my UV toothbrush sanitizers?
For an adequate protection against germs and bacterial, sanitizing your toothbrush using a UV sanitizer is non-negotiable.
Its ease of use, sophistication, and use of cutting-edge technology ensures that you have a germ-free toothbrush every time you need it.