If there’s one thing you must add to your beauty routine this year, let it be facial steaming. Now, you may wonder, why? In this article, we will take you by the hand and guide you through everything you need to know about this effective beauty practice – from explaining what facial steamers are to how to use them.
So, if you’re ready, let’s go…
IN A NUTSHELL – BEST FACIAL STEAMERSstring(57) "The ItemId B073TY7M33 provided in the request is invalid."
First, what exactly are these facial steamers?
Well, they’re gadgets used to face steam. You remember those nifty devices used in spas for skin steaming? Well, it turned out not everyone can afford to visit very often. Here’s where a portable skin steamer for home use come in handy. Trust me, you need one like you need a lighted vanity mirror – can’t live without one, isn’t it?
They’re designed to be either handheld or tabletop, and of course, can be put into your carry on when traveling; this means, you can be assured of enjoying your beauty sessions wherever you may be.
So, why should you consider facial steaming?
Having your skin – in this case, your face exposed to steams has been proven to have beneficial effects on your skin.
I get it, you have your veg & fruit juices prepped every single morning. If you desire a soft, supple, glowing skin that looks and feels healthy regardless of your age, then including a regular face steaming sessions into your beauty routine is essential.
Or perhaps you’re seeking a natural remedy that’s effective in eliminating those gross blackheads on your face; you can’t go wrong with a daily facial steaming.
So no matter what your skincare regimen is – there’s a place for the facial procedure, and of course, it’s several benefits.
Clear, glowing skin
Every female regardless of their age – whether they’re young high school teenagers or mid-age working females or even retired seniors – the dream of a glowing, clear, healthy skin, I guess that’s the same for you too, right?
But, most times, one is stuck with dull, dry skins which in most cases are caused by clogged follicles and trapped dirt in the skin. These blocked skin pores restrict the flow of the natural skin oil or sebum – sebum is the natural oil that lubricates the skin keeping it supple – hence trapping them inside the skin.
Now for that pinky healthy clear skin, you’ve always wanted; you should in addition to your regular regimen, steam your face, or take full body steam bath in a spa to unblock these pores. The steam does this by softening the skin around the follicles, thus making it easy and less painful to remove the unsightly blackheads.
Humans have always been fascinated with the prospect of slowing the aging process or in extreme cases reversing the process altogether. There are several products on the market promising this elusive dream.
However, skin steaming has been proven over time to stimulate adequate blood, oxygen and nutrient circulation to the skin which is essential in maintaining a virile and youthful look.
The improved blood circulation encourages the production of collagen which is vital for skin elasticity, hence keeping the skin smooth while eliminating and preventing wrinkles.
Also, the collagen helps you get rid of dead skin cells that cause those awful scaly skin surfaces. So steaming your face and or having a full body hot bath literally knock some numbers off your age.
Removes trapped makeup
The fact is, no matter how hard you clean your face, there’s always some makeup trapped in the skin pores which can only be removed by steaming.
Of course, we’ve already highlighted the adverse effects of having clogged follicles.
Have calming effects
An average American is exposed to several stressors in a day such as a frenzied pace of things, looming deadlines to meet, crazy traffic and the list goes on and on. And by the end of the week, the stress has accumulated significantly.
One quick way of relieving the stress is facial steaming. Most sessions last about 10 to 20 minutes, and they have been known to have calming effects.
So for the high flying career woman, a working mom with active kids, the stressed-out college student or even anyone seeking a quick-fix to relieve stress; a regular steaming procedure is all you need.
Facial steaming before and after – how to steam your face
To get the most out of your steaming session, it’s essential you do certain things right. For instance, there’re initial preparations recommended by experts you should follow. We’ve outlined all the steps you need to follow before and after steaming for the best possible results. So here we go:
- Fill the reservoir of your facial steamer with water and steam for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Wash your face. It’s crucial you cleanse your face of grim, oil and sweat.
- Once the steamer is ready, position it in front of your face, and steam for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pat dry with a soft towel.
- Draw out the dirt with a face mask. Allow sitting for about 10 minutes before washing off with warm water. However, if you’re pressed for time or don’t want to use the face mask, then simply washing your face with warm water will suffice.
- Use a toner to close back the pores. After a steaming session the follicles are wide open and if left like that, could make the dirt find their way into the pores quite easily.
Lemon juice or Apple cider vinegar are excellent natural toners you can use.
- Finally, moisturize your face with suitable soothing oil; this is so because steaming the face, dries out the face, so the moisturizer helps keep it lubricated.
Once you’re in the market to purchase a facial steamer, it would become clear pretty quickly that there’re quite a plethora of products on the market. Sorting through these products to until you spot one that meets your needs can be quite tricky and tedious.
So, to make the task easy for you, we’ve curated the best steamers on the market.
Best Overall Facial steamer
The NanoSteamer is one of the widely recognized facial steamers on the market today. If you want to experience a Spa quality professional grade facial steamers right in your home then considers getting this top-grade device to add to your skincare repertoire.
Easy to use due to its intuitive design, the NanoSteamer uses a cutting-edge modern technology that combines the traditional heating element with an ultrasonic vaporizer that emits negatively charged ion steam that is 10x effective in penetrating the skin for a glowing, younger and healthy looking skin.
Also, get the bang for your money with the multi-purpose features that allow you get more value for less. Turn this tabletop steamer into a room humidifier or better still warm your towel with the device before using.
- The multi-purpose feature sets this steamer apart from other facial steamers on the market. Just select what mode you’d want either as room humidifier or towel warm using the setting knob.
- Ionic vapor that is 10x effective in penetrating the skin
- Large water reservoir with a run time of 30 minutes
- Automatically shuts off once it runs out of the water.
- Ultrasonic steam with fine vapor containing smaller water molecules than traditional heating.
- Precise temperature control to prevent burns.
- Heats up pretty fast taking it about 20 seconds to produce steam.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- A bonus package of 5 surgical grade stainless steel blackhead extractor.
- Remove and fill water reservoir with water
- Replace water reservoir. Add towel to warm if desired.
- Switch on and set the knob to the desired setting.
- Wait about 20 minutes for steam to come out.
- 5x skincare kit
- 1x 3-in-1 Nanosteamer facial steamers
- 1x water pouring cup
- Power cable and User instruction.
Best tabletop facial steamer
OKACHI GLIYA Nanosteamer is one of the best at home facial steamers you can get anywhere. It is packed full of features that mimic a spa experience.
This nifty device dispenses warm mist ultra-fine nanoparticles that effectively penetrate the skin unclogging blocked pores, softened the skin, pushing out dirt and oil trapped under the skin for glowing supple skin.
- Easy to use – does not require tons of time to figure out how to operate. Use the easy to understand user manual to set up.
- Inbuilt indicator LED lights – red light shows the device is in standby mode, once you press the button it turns white which indicates it is working.
- Automatically turns off once it runs out of water.
- Smart temperature control that maintains the steam temperature at 1040 F.
- Cleaning is hassle free.
- Pop-out the water tank and fill with water
- Replace and press the switch.
- Wait for about 30 seconds for steam to dispense.
- Manually turn off the device by closing the mirror serving as the lid.
- Professional one-stop beauty salon; portable and well-built.
string(57) "The ItemId B073TY7M33 provided in the request is invalid."
Best Portable Facial Steamer
Never again miss out on a refreshing facial sauna while on the go; in the office, during flights or where ever you find yourself. This mini portable handheld facial steamer is designed to fit in comfortably into your carryon –so you have no excuses anymore.
Bestfire portable steamer is handy when you need to unclog blocked pores, moisturize your hair, hands, face, and of course it’s rechargeable– so you don’t have to worry about plugging into a power source before using.
- Uses the ultrasonic technology in dispensing fine nano steam that’s effective in penetrating the skin.
- Mild, soothing steam relieves stress build-up, soothes sunburn pains.
- USB compatible charging so can be charged from a laptop or phone adaptor.
- Doubles as a power bank for charging your phone
- Easy to use and intuitive design with a single button push to operate.
- Unscrew the water and fill with water.
- Replace water tank and keep the sprayer straight and directed to your face.
- Push down the sliding cap switch to operate.
- 1x Best Handheld steamer
- 1x USB cord
- 1x User Manual.
Best Professional Spa Facial Steamer
This 3-in-1 LCL beauty machine is designed for the high-hitting self-grooming individual who’s serious about their skin. It’s also suitable for Spas and Salons for an immersive deeper experience for clients.
It features a fully pivotal adjustable arm that moves up and down for a wide range of facial coverage.
This top-selling model from LCL is sure clients’ favorite, and as an individual, you can get the same SPA level experience right in your home which is more attractive than the weekly spa visits considering the weekly expense can add up pretty quick.
- CE certified machine which means you’re getting a premium top-grade product that meets all regulatory requirements.
- Has an Ozone function that uses UV light to kill bacteria in the water as it passes through the steamer.
- 4 glass electrodes that perform different procedures ranging from encouraging full hair growth to precise operations to remove skin blemishes.
- It’s compatible with essential oils which means you can enjoy aromatherapy or as a professional include aromatherapy as part of your service and increase your weekly earning pretty easily.
- Comes with free skincare kits.
- Intuitive design makes it easy to use.
- Expertly examine in greater details clients’ skin to proffer precise skincare solutions.
To extend the lifespan of the facial steamers, it’s essential you carry out regular cleaning to remove mineral deposits that build up in the steamer due to constant use.
- Don’t add essential oil directly into boiling water except if indicated. Adding the aromatic oil could cause water spitting, clogging of the steamer or even the jar breaking from intense pressure.
Instead, for essential oil compatible steamers, use the special containers provided for such purposes.
- Always use distilled water.
- Don’t leave water overnight in the steamer.
- Fill the water tank with warm water and add 2-3 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- Allow to soak for 2-3 hours
- Empty the tank and wipe down the heating coil with a damp towel to remove remaining mineral deposits.
- Refill with distilled water and run for 15 minutes.
Frequently asked questions
What are facial steamers used for?
Does facial steamers reduce wrinkles or eye puffiness?
Can I use aromatherapy oils in facial steamers?
In conclusion, no doubt you should add a facial steamer to your beauty arsenal. It makes things so easy and definitely brings in a lot of fun into your care habits.